For the T by Alexander Wang Resort 2017 season, Wang designed a collection with a neutral, cool-toned palette, fusing boyish silhouettes with feminine materials.
Slip dresses are the heroes here, coming with thin bra-like straps and drawstring pulls at the front that allow for slight, slinky modifications. Thin ribbed tanks and long-sleeved shirts—some actually bodysuits—underscore the brand’s more soigné pieces, leveling out some rosy silk pieces. The bomber jacket, a T by Alexander Wang staple, has been cut wide at the bottom to replace its sporty connotations with a loungewear spirit. The collection also features a handful of bathing suits and bikini sets.
This season, suiting has landed in the T by Alexander Wang universe, cut slouchy with just a thin tie at the waist. Strict tailoring is in the mix too, reserved for some bustier-seamed smock tops with A-line peplums. There are even arty wrap tops and a voluminous army green tunic that speaks of a confident serenity you might not associate with Wang’s party girl muse.
- Alexander Wang – Resort 2018
- Alexander Wang Spring/Summer 2017
- Alexander Wang Menswear – Fall 2017
- MWR Collection – Fall 2017
- Akris Resort 2017
- Michael Kors Collection – Fall 2017
- Marc Jacobs – Resort 2018
- Giorgio Armani – Resort 2017
- Giorgio Armani – Resort 2018
- Alexander McQueen – Fall 2017 Menswear